Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What in the world is a ZVR?

I hope everyone is enjoying my blog so far, and has been able to use it to grab some great deals at HT and get their coupons organized.  I am going to apologize for stating in my previous post that it only takes 20 minutes max to clip and organize coupons each Sunday.  After receiving 6 inserts Sunday, even I was slightly overwhelmed (but also overjoyed by the saving possibilities)!  Sunday's paper probably took me a good 45 minutes, but please remember that this is not normal, and usually there are only 2ish inserts which proves to be a much quicker and relaxing process.

Now onto today's topic...

What in the world is a ZVR?

I know, I'm sorry...more coupon lingo.

ZVRs are Harris Teeter's e-coupons.  These can be added straight to your VIC card from your computer or your smart phone (if you have the HT app, which is a must have).  First you will need to create an account here, make sure you enter your VIC store card # so that it is linked to your account.  If you are still using your mom/sister/brother/dad's VIC card (or better yet, phone number) and you do not live with them, PLEASE get your own. There are so many advantages to having your own VIC card, and many things that you may miss out on if you are sharing with someone that does not live in your household.  You will have to do this by going to the customer service counter at HT, but I promise it is super easy, and you will have your own card in a matter of minutes.
Once you have your own VIC card, and an HT account you may add coupons to your account either by computer or smartphone whenever you'd like.  I choose to use my iPhone because I can sit in the parking lot before I enter HT and make sure I have all the coupons I want loaded onto my card.  The best thing about these coupons are that they can be used in combination with manufacturer coupons!  This is called "stacking coupons" which is a couponers dream. Just make sure to pay attention to your receipt to ensure that the ZVR's come off automatically, because there have been several times when a few of mine didn't come off.  If this happens to you, you will just need to go to customer service, hand them your receipt and tell them what didn't come off.  They may want to see a list of your e-vic coupons, and in this case I just show them my phone.  This is a rare occurrence, and usually they don't even look at my receipt, they just ask me how much, and hand me the money!

This screen shot is ,my shopping list, which displays all the coupons I have added to my VIC card.



This screen shot is an example of the coupons you may have to chose from.  You simply tap them (with a touchscreen) and it will say "you've already saved this off" which means they are loaded on your VIC card!


I was planning on tackling Ibotta & Saving Star today, as well, but I haven't been feeling very good, and I am about to head off to the doctor.  I promise I will blog about these soon!  Until then, feel free to leave any questions, comments, or experiences you have with ZVR's!

And enjoy this beautiful day that the Lord created!

No comments:

Post a Comment